Bodyfat testing (Courtesy of Max Muscle)
Lab work (optional but recommended! $25 @ Medicine Shoppe in Bountiful – details coming)
Benchmark wod & Time trial.
Questions/Concerns should be directed to me (Maria Fisher) either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Facebook (Crossfit 22).
No Sugar Week – no sugar means no sugar. Anything that is used as a sweetener is OUT. Artificial, natural or otherwise. (Fruit is a gray area here. If you’re using fruit to get something sweet, obviously you should avoid the fruit. Same applies if you are using fruit in baked products to “sweeten”)
Everyone is encouraged but not required to continue the no-sugar challenge for optimal results! BEST results will be experienced by following this suggestion!
Everyone is encouraged but not required to continue the no-sugar and eat-protein challenge for optimal results! BEST results will be experienced by following this suggestion!
Everyone is encouraged but not required to continue no-sugar, eat-protein and no-gluten challenge for optimal results! BEST results will be experienced by following this suggestion!
Best brand fish oil?
- Stronger Faster Healthier (go to http://www.sfh.com/ and put in “whole9” code for a 10% discount).
- Ideally, between 2-4 grams of EPA/DHA.
Good brand Vit D?
- Now Foods
- Healthy Origins
- Ideally 2500 – 5,000 IU daily
You will get an automatic 5 points for getting bodyfat tested and 10 points for getting lab work and copies of the testing/results need to be given to me (Maria). I will have an envelope placed somewhere in the box where you can place the copy.
For every day that you have no sugar, give yourself 5 points. Subtract 1 point EACH time you consume sugar.
For every day that you get the recommended amount of protein for each meal, give yourself 5 points. Subtract 1 point EACH time you do not eat the recommended amount of protein.
For every day that you do not have any gluten or gluten-free packaged food, give yourself 5 points. Subtract 1 point EACH time you eat a food containing gluten or a gluten-free packaged food.
For every day that you take fish oil and vitamin D, give yourself 5 points. Subtract 1 point EACH day you do not have fish oil or vitamin D.
There will be a board set up for EACH week. You will be responsible for documenting your total points for the week on the board, as I will record your points at the end of the week and it will be erased when we start a new week!
Protein Portion Examples
- Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
- Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
- Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
- Chicken breast, 3.5 oz – 30 grams protein
- Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
- Drumstick – 11 grams
- Wing – 6 grams
- Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams
- Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
- Tuna, 6 oz can – 40 grams of protein
- Pork chop, average – 22 grams protein
- Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
- Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
- Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
- Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
- Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
- Egg, large – 6 grams protein